WinRAR is one of the most popular compressing tools for Windows.
If you’re an active user, You’ve probably at some point came across the WinRAR cannot execute diagnostics message whenever you try to extract or open a file from the archive. This happens mostly on Windows 10.
Unlike other Windows versions, Windows 10 has advanced security measures for protection against malware and suspicious files. In that, the Windows 10 defender scans each file before executing it.
And so when Windows Defender finds a program suspicious, its execution is broken. This explains the WinRAR cannot execute diagnostics message that is displayed when you try to extract a file from a WinRAR file. In some cases, when the files are extracted successfully, they’re deleted immediately.
Since files that display this message are considered suspicious, it’s not recommended to continue with the execution of such files if you’re not sure about the file source. But this articles explains how to avoid this message if you’re sure about the file source.
How to solve the WinRAR cannot execute diagnostics message
- From the start menu, click the settings icon.
- click on Update & Security
- Click on Windows Defender in the left menu and click on Open Windows Defender Security Center
- Next click on Virus & threat protection then Virus & threat protection settings
- Turn off Real-time protection but keep this window open.
- Now you can open the file that was displaying the WinRAR cannot execute diagnostics message.
- Turn back on Real-time protection after completing operations.