WhatsApp has introduced various features in 2019 and one of which is the ability to send a WhatsApp private reply in a group chat.
Whatsapp group chat is one of the handy features in Whatsapp which allows a group of people to share opinions and important communication.
Earlier on, when you replied to a Whatsapp group message, every member of the group could see the message.
Although this is a great and desirable feature, it comes with a number of drawbacks. For instance, some people may not be confident enough to share their opinions in the group or may feel that a certain text will offend an individual.
After reviewing all these scenarios, WhatsApp launched a feature that allows users to reply privately in Whatsapp groups. The feature was first released in the beta version of WhatsApp at the end of 2018 and eventually launched at the beginning of 2019.
So in this case, you won’t have to worry about confidence or offending a group member.
How to send a WhatsApp private reply on mobile
Note: I recommend first updating your WhatsApp in order to have this feature.
- From the group chat, long press on the message you would want to reply to privately. This will highlight the message.
- Click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner.
- Select Reply privately from the listed options.
- This will open a private chat where you can resume the conversation.
How to send a WhatsApp private reply on WhatsApp web/Desktop
- Open the WhatsApp group chat and move the cursor to the message you would like to reply to privately.
- Click on the arrow icon pointing down located in the top right corner of the message.
- Select Reply privately
All this is done without having to first copy the message and then look through the list of contacts.