You’ve always wanted to access your information stored on your phone with your computer. Well, Its no longer a wish, Microsoft finally answered your prayer. This is one of the unique features of Windows 10 update. The Your Phone Windows feature allows you to link your phone to your Windows 10 computer.
As time moves, the information we hold keeps on accumulating. As a result, we obviously need a way how to manage this information in one place.
This is what the Windows Phone feature exactly does. You have a centralized administration for your files and applications. With your Windows 10 computer, you can manage pictures, app notifications, reply messages and much more features of your phone.
You won’t need to always create a Bluetooth connection between the phone and the computer or look for the USB cable to transfer files.
You won’t need to waste your time coping that long URL from your phone’s browser so that you can access it from the computer. With this feature, you just share the web page to your computer with a single click.
The benefits of this Windows feature don’t seem to get done. This is why you definitely need to know how to link your phone to your Windows 10 computer. The feature works with both Android and iPhone users. This article describes how to link a phone to your Windows 10 computer.
- Make sure you have an active internet connection
- Open settings.
From the start menu, click on the settings icon in the bottom left.
- Locate and click on Phone. This will open the feature with a brief description of what it does.
- To add a phone, click on Add phone.
You may be prompted to sign in to your Microsoft account if you’re not signed in. If you don’t have a Microsoft account, I suggest you first create one because its essential on both the computer the phone.
- On clicking Add Phone, you’ll be required to enter your active phone number.
Upon submitting a valid phone number, a text message containing a link will be sent to the phone number.
- Click on the link sent within the text message. This will open the Microsoft Launcher in the Google play store.
- Download and open the Microsoft launcher
- Click on Get Started, go ahead and provide your Microsoft credentials ( email address and password )On completing these steps, the phone will be linked to the computer and it will be displayed on the computer under phones.
- Now that the phone is linked, you are pretty much wondering how to access your phone stuff from your computer. This is my next step.
- Open the Google play store and search for “Microsoft Edge“.
- Install and open the application.
- Provide your Microsoft credentials as they are required for customization.
- Once the installation is done, you can share web pages from your phone to your Windows 10 computer.
- To share a webpage from phone to PC, click on the phone icon with an arrow at the bottom of Edge mobile app.
- select your computer from the list of devices provided.
- A new tab in Microsoft edge will be opened on your computer
- You can as well share a webpage from the Google Chrome browser on your phone. Click on the 3 dots at the top right corner of your browser, click on share and then Continue on PC.
How to receive phone notifications on PC
- To receive phone notifications, search and install Microsoft Cortana app in the Google play store.
- Open Cortana after installation. Click on the menu icon in the top left corner and click on Cross-Device.
- Click to turn on notifications for incoming messages, and missed calls.
- To turn on other app notifications like WhatsApp messages, click on App Notification Sync.
- Next turn on Notification access for Cortana and then choose the applications whose notifications you want to receive on the computer.
To access other Windows apps from your phone, click the Microsoft collection at the home screen of the launcher and install them from the Google play store.
Open the Google photos app on your phone.
Select the photos you want to share with your computer.
Click the share icon and then Continue on PC.
Click on create link and choose your computer from the list displayed computers